Responsibilities include design and analysis of vessels during the Concept, Functional, and Production design phases. Duties include development of technical proposals, analysis of mechanical systems, composing purchase technical specifications and development of system test procedures.
- Must have a Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with the design and engineering of marine vessel piping systems (P&IDs) and/or comprehensive knowledge of ASME B31.1/B31.3.
- Understands fluid system analysis, preferably Petrochemical, LNG, Refinery processes.
- In-depth knowledge of federal regulations (USCG), international rules (SOLAS, ANSI, ASTM) and classification society rules (ABS).
- Shipyard experience with new vessel construction is preferred.